Date posted: 01/12/2017 | Posted by: Cintre
Help Cintre ‘Stamp Out’ Social Isolation Today!
Everyday around us:
- Social isolation and loneliness are now considered two of the biggest problems to society. (de Jong Gierveld et al, 2016)
- 45% of working age disabled people are chronically lonely, saying they always or often feel lonely. (Scope, 2017)
- Young adults with mental health issues, learning disabilities or autism, are most likely to never see friends, never get called by friends, or get invited to activities. (Osmond et al, 2013)
Adults with complex needs are being let down, being left to be alone daily.
Often a support worker is the only familiar face someone will see. One meaningful interaction a week. Can you imagine your life like this?
Most of us spend our day surrounded by co-workers, family, friends, and the public. But what if that was taken away and we started to develop the following thoughts?
Don’t feel like you can relate right now? That is ok, but these are real everyday repetitive thoughts that some of the adults we support have. Loneliness could hit anyone of us.
WHAT CAN BE DONE?
We can help people with complex needs be a part of a community, where they can engage and build friendship circles.
Can you donate today towards Community Hub activities?
Here are examples of where your money will go:
- £5 towards Roast Dinner at the Sunday Lunch Club.
- £10 towards pitch costs for the Hub’s monthly Football game at Horfield Leisure Centre.
- £15 towards materials to continue Gardening and Vegetable Growing in the residential gardens!
- £20 towards service users hosting Entertainment Dinners.
- £40 for a Relaxation Therapy.
- £60 for travel to a place of Recreational Interest.
- £100 will pay towards the Music Studio Workshop project at Cintre House.
Every donation goes directly towards the Cintre Community Hub.
Please donate to our page here: https://secure.thebiggive.org.uk/projects/view/29075/stamp-out-solitude/