Date posted: 13/04/2017 | Posted by: Jeannie Richardson
Senior Support Worker - Community Based
Cintre’s Reachout service are seeking someone to join the team. We are a charitable team who are motivated to provide person centred assistance to adults who have learning disabilities, mental health difficulties and autism, across Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
By joining Cintre Reachout you will be guaranteed that each working day will differ, because you will be working with people of various complex needs and situations. The nature of the work seeks someone who is caring, empathetic, patient and driven to enhance the lives of others.
This is a rewarding role on offer, with an attractive benefit package.
The role includes the following.
Location: Bristol + Surrounding areas
Salary: £17,940 - £20,120
Weekly Rota + On-call Cover required
Access to own transport is a MUST
- To ensure Service User needs are understood and that the service provided is focused on the achievement of their personal goals and maximising their independence.
- Liaising with the Manager/Deputy to understand the requirements of the job and its priorities, and to identify any learning needs in the job via regular supervisions to plan and to review performance.
- To share knowledge and provide mutual support with colleagues in the delivery of the service.
- Partner with professionals who are in contact with Service Users, such as Social Workers, DWP Staff, or Therapists, to ensure co-ordination of the support offered to Service Users.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- NVQ/QCF level 2 minimum and ideally level 3 or equivalent work experience if no professional qualification.
- Experience of working in the care sector, preferably with other young people with learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
- IT Literate and comfortable using emails and calendars.
- Care Certificate and familiar with CQC Fundamentals requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, listening and oral whilst adapting to the needs of Service. Users and the ability to write clear and succinct work records.
- Able to manage own time effectively and prioritise workloads.
- Customer focus – able to anticipate and address the needs of Service Users and committed to providing the highest standards of care.
- Planning and organising skills – able to construct realistic plans, to organise self and others to achieve plans and to monitor progress and adjust plans accordingly.
In return for your commitment to the role , we offer an attractive benefit package including:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (if-eligible)
- Death in service benefit
- Employee Assistance program
- Opportunity to do further training
- Cycle to work scheme
- £0.45 mileage allowance
How to apply:
Contact person: Sonia Fernandes
Telephone: 0117 923 7129
If you find it is something you wish to pursue after speaking to us. We will ask you to complete an application form and be ready to attend an interview.
*Previous experience supporting in a community setting is essential.
CLICK each form title below to DOWNLOAD the Application Form, the Equalities Monitoring Form and Support Worker Job Description.
Visit the Cintre website to find out more about the charity, find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and YourTube !
We look forward to hearing from you.