Date posted: 24/10/2017 | Posted by: Jeannie Richardson
Key Support Worker - in the Community/Supported Living.
We are looking to grow our small but motivated team of key workers who are passionate about developing person centered plans to support adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, autism etc. across Bristol, and South Gloucestershire.
As a key worker no two working days will be the same. You will have plenty of challenging but exciting opportunities to work with individuals of various complex needs and situations. You will be responsible for engaging and involving service users in the development of their personal targets and support.
We are looking for someone who is self-motived, caring, empathetic and driven to enhance the lives of others.
The role is ideal for someone who is interested in: Social care, Improving a person's potential, the non-profit environment, people in their Community and charitable causes.
- To facilitate, motivate, encourage and empower Service Users to live their life to their full potential and develop personal targets as agreed in the support plan.
- To develop, review and maintain risk assessments for Service Users using information provided by local authority, staff observations and other available information, including input from the Service User.
- To facilitate meetings required with external professionals and make appropriate notes of these meetings.
- To maintain the Service User portfolio which shows evidence of progress made towards achieving the aims of the care plan.
- To develop an open, honest and considerate working relationship with Service Users.
- Excellent communication.
- Able to manage own time effectively and prioritise workloads.
- Person Centered.
- Planning for self and others.
In return for your commitment to the role , we offer an attractive benefit package including:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (if-eligible)
- Death in service benefit
- Employee Assistance program
- Opportunity to do further training
- Cycle to work scheme
- £0.45 mileage allowance
- Location: Bristol + Surrounding areas
- Salary: From £7.88 – £8.49 (depending on experience)
- Access to own transport is required.
Like the sound of the job? Get in contact via email or telephone. We welcome all interests and capabilities.
How to apply:
Contact person: Sonia Fernandes
Telephone: 0117 923 7129
If you find it is something you wish to pursue after speaking to us. We will ask you to complete an application form and be ready to attend an interview.
*Previous experience supporting in a community setting is essential.
CLICK each form title below to DOWNLOAD the Application Form, the Equalities Monitoring Form. More detailed job description available by request.