Date posted: 20/02/2018 | Posted by: Cintre
Are you wanting to work for an organisation that supports and invests in its staff? Do you seek a career that is interesting and extremely rewarding? Do you enjoy working with others and are passionate about making a positive difference to someone’s life?
If the answer is yes – then we are recruiting for the perfect role for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 support workers to work with a young male on a part-time basis within his family home in Bristol and out in the community.
The individual has high functioning Autism and mild learning disabilities, but no behaviours that challenge.
Support will focus on developing skills with the outlook of independent living. You will play a key role in motivating and supporting the individual with their ongoing learning, development and education including working closely with their speech therapist.
This individual has multiple interests which includes computers, technology, music and guitar skills, horticulture, cooking, DIY and is open to learning new skills.
You will work in a small team 2-3 day a week mainly between Mondays to Friday. As his support worker you will have the opportunity to create varied and interesting support sessions together and you will also have the opportunity to develop your own skills and learning.
The right candidate…
- Must be dedicated, reliable and committed to improving the lives of the people they support
- Must be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to support people achieving their goals
- Experience in supporting people with Autism/LD an advantage but not essential
- Must be motivated to actively engage with community activities.
Why work for us….
In return for your commitment and contribution we:
- Offer competitive rates of pay (depending on experience)
- Support our staff to achieve their best through fantastic support , ongoing paid training and career development opportunities
- Reward outstanding employees
- A range of excellent benefits including 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays(pro-rata), Long-Service rewards, contributory pension scheme (if-eligible),Death in service benefit, Employee Assistance program, £0.45 mileage allowance etc.
If you think this is the role for you then please send an updated CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 923 7129 for further details.