Date posted: 09/01/2018 | Posted by: Jeannie Richardson
Support Worker roles in Bristol - Residential or in the Community.
We are looking to grow our motivated and passionate team who take pride in supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, autism etc. across Bristol, and South Gloucestershire.
As a support worker you will be guaranteed to have working days that offer you a difference. You will be working with people of various complex needs and situations. If you enjoy a challenge, and like making a positive difference, this could be the role for you!
The nature of the work seeks someone who is caring, empathetic, patient and driven to enhance the lives of others.
The role is ideal for someone who is interested in: Social care, Improving people’s potential, a Non-profit environment, people in their Community and Charitable causes.
Key Responsibilities:To support Service Users in their daily lives, encouraging them to become more independent, to take part in community activities and function socially, consistent with their abilities and preferences
- To facilitate Service Users in the achievement of their individual support plans
- To assist Service Users with their activities
- To ensure the safety and well-being of Service Users whilst working with them
- To develop an open, honest and considerate working relationship with Service Users
- To maintain the privacy and dignity of Service Users whilst working with them, to respect their rights and choices and to empower them to make their own decisions and choices
- To keep and maintain records of work performed
- To communicate effectively with Service Users, Manager and other colleagues.
- To participate in a rota working system providing 24-hour support, 365 days a year, including sleeping nights.
- Excellent communication.
- Able to manage own time effectively and prioritise workloads.
- Person Centered
- Planning for self and others.
- Location: Bristol + Surrounding areas
- Salary: From £7.88 – £8.49 (depending on experience)
- Part Time
- Access to own transport is required.
Like the sound of the job? Get in contact via email or telephone. We welcome all interests and capabilities.
How to apply:
Contact person: Sonia Fernandes
Telephone: 0117 923 7129
or email: email@example.com
If you find it is something you wish to pursue after speaking to us. We will ask you to complete an application form and be ready to attend an interview.
*Previous experience supporting in a community setting is essential.
CLICK each form title below to DOWNLOAD the Application Form, the Equalities Monitoring Form . More detailed Support Worker Job Description available upon request.
We work with vulnerable people, so if you are offered a position you will be asked to undertake a check under the Disclosure and Barring Service. We will help you through this and fund it after a qualifying period.