Deputy Manager (full-time) based in Bristol
Cintre is looking for a Deputy Manager who will provide pro-active support to the Registered Manager across all aspects of the residential home management including day to day responsibility and running of the home and successful delivery of the service.
Cintre was set up in 1980 to provide residential care and support, and community- based services, for people aged between 18 and 65 years, with a range of needs including people with Autism, Learning Disabilities, and Complex Mental Health Needs. Cintre currently provides services in Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
Our team works in collaboration with individuals with both high and low support needs, helping them to achieve short and long-term development goals, with the ultimate aim of “enabling independence”. We aim to be a sustaining influence on the lives of each individual that we support, recognising and developing their potential, and helping them to be the best individual that they can be.
About the role
Working closely with the Registered Manager, you will have day to day responsibility for the successful delivery of the service in line with contract requirements, CQC compliance and the needs of service users.
You will ensure there is sufficient rota cover to deliver the service including the engagement of bank or contracted staff (if required) and in liaison with the Manager. You will oversee and organise emergency on call provision and deal with any staff absences in the first instance. You will provide leadership and management of the service to ensure each staff member is focused on making their contribution to the service and to ensure they learn, enjoy and develop in their role. You will be responsible for delivery of effective 1:1 support to our service users and you will oversee the needs of all Service Users ensuring their needs are understood and is focused on the achievement of their personal goals and maximising their independence.
You will have experience of first line management and will work collaboratively with the Registered Manager and Assistant Deputy to manage service delivery and operations within Cintre House (Clifton) and Invia (Kingswood).
You will have excellent people management skills, and an inclusive, empowering approach. You will be emotionally intelligent and have an empathy and sensitivity for the cause, and the complexities of working in an adult social care setting.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Specialist knowledge of Social Care and ideally Adult Social Care and regulatory framework and standards
- Level 3 Health & Social Care Qualification (or equivalent) alongside demonstrated experience of leading and managing teams within care homes
- An understanding and commitment to equality and diversity
- Strong verbal and written communicational skills
- A reflective leader with exceptional interpersonal and team-working skills, with a proven ability to motivate and enthuse whilst delegating appropriately
- Experience of working with vulnerable individuals of various complex needs and situation
- Experience of first line management or supervisory accreditation or equivalent
- IT literate and confident using Microsoft Office Packages
- Ability to motivate oneself and others and to set and exceed targets
- Competitive basic salary
- 27 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Group Life Assurance cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Expenses covered including mileage
About the process
To apply, please ensure to review the job description and person specification and download the application form and submit with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and sharing details about this wonderful opportunity with a growing charity that makes a huge difference to the lives of the people who use our services.