We are looking to grow our small but motivated team of key workers who are passionate about developing person centered plans to support adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues, autism etc. working across Weston-Super-Mare and Bristol.
As a key worker no two working days will be the same. You will have plenty of challenging but exciting opportunities to work with individuals of various complex needs and situations. You will be responsible for engaging and involving service users in the development of their personal targets and support.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, caring, empathetic and driven to enhance the lives of others.
The role is ideal for someone who is interested in: Social care, Improving a person’s potential, the non-profit environment, people in their Community and charitable causes.
- To facilitate, motivate, encourage and empower Service Users to live their life to their full potential and develop personal targets as agreed in the support plan.
- To develop, review and maintain risk assessments for Service Users using information provided by local authority, staff observations and other available information, including input from the Service User.
- To facilitate meetings required with external professionals and make appropriate notes of these meetings.
- To maintain the Service User portfolio which shows evidence of progress made towards achieving the aims of the care plan.
- To develop an open, honest and considerate working relationship with Service Users.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage own time effectively and prioritise workloads.
- Person Centered approach.
- Planning for self and others.
In return for your commitment to the role , we offer an attractive benefit package including:
- Salary of £9.20 per hour (dependant on experience)
- 27 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (FTE)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Travel time and mileage covered
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced weekend rate
- Expenses paid
- Long service awards
- Quarterly staff awards
- Location: Weston-Super-Mare and Bristol. This role will require commuting to service user homes and/ or other locations in the community.
- Salary: £9.20 dependent upon experience
- Full Time
How to apply:
Please complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, application form and submit with a CV to the HR team on firstname.lastname@example.org